Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Pete Morin News Service--A personal note

November 22, 2009

If you look at the above date the first thing that comes to mind is the terrible event that happened in 1963. But there are times and other events in our lives that give us joy and a feeling of love in our hearts. For me that event took place in 1974.

Thirty five years is a long time, and yet with a blink of an eye the time passes as if there were no time, only a stationary moment. On that day in 1974 we expressed our love for one another with a plan to enjoy the years in sickness and in health. We became partners, lovers and the very best of friends. I hope Skeez has enjoyed this ride as much as I have. Our love of cats and books keeps us ever renewed in the quest for a happy and meaningful life.

So my sweetheart, I offer you this--

From the very beginning I knew you were special,
Your kindness, strength and beauty true.
I couldn't dream of more than you give me,
To say only with real emotion, I love you.

Happy Anniversary to my Skeezer, my Sheaski, my Skeez--
Grow old with me, for the best it yet to come.

Pete & Sue November 22, 1974

No comments:

Post a Comment